Out of District Policy
Thank you for your unique role in leading members in ministry in this Conference. As we strive to support you, I am asking for your cooperation in the following areas:
Please Report in Advance
1. Report in advance to the VP of Administration's office (email@example.com or 503-850-3520) when you plan to be out of district. This information will be recorded in a way we can access at any time. (Your monthly expense report will report the actual days taken.) This applies to:
a. Regular vacation or other personal days
- No Administrative Council approval is needed - just email or call us in administration.
b. Requests for your services from elsewhere
- These need to be approved by AdCo
- An email/letter from the group requesting your services should also be submitted in advance to AdCo for approval.
- The guideline is one Sabbath a quarter for this, with a maximum of twice a year.
c. Mission Trips
- These need to be approved by AdCo for reasons that include your Adventist Risk Management needs.
- This needs to be processed well in advance and you are further urged to purchase additional insurance coverage to what is basically provided. Simona Cardwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) can give more details in this regard.
- The guideline is for a maximum of one two-week trip per year as part of the mission of your congregation(s).