Guidelines for Professional Enrichment Reimbursement
You will need to fill out a Professional Enrichment Request to Attend/Purchase Form (PDF) prior to attending an event or making a purchase for which you want reimbursement. Once you have attended the event or made the purchase, please fill out the Professional Enrichment Expense Report (PDF) and return it to the Ministerial Department, along with your receipts.
100% reimbursement—up to a *maximum of $300 (part-time pastors' maximum is $150)—based on:
►Full registration fee
►Travel—Use the least costly amount, either air fare or mileage driven (most economical coach air fare or 40¢ per mile driven)
►Lodging—up to $80 per night (7 nights maximum)
►Per diem—2 or more meals per day = $50 / 1 meal per day = $25
Approval for any event is based on available funds—first applications are considered first until funds are depleted.
Individuals who wish to begin a degree program may obtain a coy of the Guidelines for Advanced Study from the Ministerial Office. Permission to enroll in an advanced degree program must be obtained from the Administrative Council (AdCo) in advance of enrollment.
A candidate will be given up to one week per year to attend classes. Any additional time must be taken as vacation time.
1. Pastor sends Professional Enrichment Request to Attend/Purchase Form to the Ministerial Director for approval
2. After pastor has attended/purchased, he/she submits the Professional Enrichment Expense Report Form (along with receipts) to the Ministerial Director for reimbursement authorization.
3. Unusual requests may be submitted to AdCo when needed.
1. In addition to the basic $300, the Oregon Conference will match any expenditure made by the pastor that is beyond the basic $300—up to a total match of $200. Potentially this could provide the pastor up to $500 in Professional Enrichment funds from the Conference in a given year.
Here's what that looks like:
►If you attend an event or make a purchase that costs $600, the Conference will pay the first $300. You would pay $150, and the Conference would match you with an additional $150. (Total event/purchase cost: $600)
►If you attend an event or make a purchase that costs $700, the Conference will pay the first $300. You would pay $200, and the Conference would match your $200 with an additional $200. (Total event/purchase cost: $700)
►If you attend an event or make a purchase that costs $1,000, the Conference will pay the first $300. You would pay $500, and the Conference would kick in an additional $200. (Total event/purchase cost: $1,000)
2. No restriction will be placed on what Professional Enrichment funds may be used for, provided it is "Approved" by the Ministerial Director* as professionally benefitting/enriching to the pastor's ministry experience and effectiveness. Professional Enrichment funds
could be used to purchase technology (computers/iPads/iPhones/SmartPhones), software, books, and CDs/DVDs, as well as for costs associated with attending seminars or taking online classes.
In order to receive reimbursement, you must make advance application for the purchases on the Professional Enrichment Request to Attend Form (PDF). Once approved, you make make your purchase. After your purchases have been made, you must also submit a list of the items you purchased on the Professional Enrichment Expense Report Form (PDF), supplying the title/s, author/s, and the price/s with accompanying receipts.
You also have the option of taking up to three days for a personal (solo) spiritual prayer and study retreat. $40.00 allowance may be used to assist you in meeting some of the costs you may incur. Application must be made in advance on the Professional Enrichment Request to Attend/Purchase Form (PDF). Once your retreat is completed, please report it on the Professional Improvement Expense Report (PDF) as per instructions, sharing where you went and how the time away was spent. No reimbursement for mileage or per diem will be provided. Receipts for lodging should be submitted.
*Some requests may be reviewed by AdCo before approval is granted.
MAPMin & Adventist Learning Community CEU Information
MA MIn Requirements (PDF)
Sabbatical Policy (PDF)